Sunday, September 25, 2016

Heriot Row, Dunedin

Dunedin is such a stunning city for its heritage buildings and architecture. 

One day recently I was driving around town and turned a corner to find this row of old houses. I absolutely love how the different styles of house are wedged up together in the same street like little doll houses. I just had to paint these!

Many of these wonderful houses are in a fairly run down condition, so I paint them in the colours I would choose if I owned them and give them a new lease of life...if only in the art world.

This painting is part of the Spring Exhibition at the Otago Art Society in the historic Dunedin Railway Station building in October (exhibition opens Friday 30th Sept).






Heriot Row, Dunedin, Otago

Acrylic Paint on Canvas
30cm X 30cm
SOLD

No comments: